1. Your customers are your greatest marketing asset. Facilitate their word of mouth by making a place for them to have conversations with and about your brand.
2. Email is the highest revenue generator of all channels. Utilize offers, incentives and contests in social media to acquire email addresses.
3. Customers expect real-time customer service on social media. Your absence there is like not having an email address or phone number for people to reach you.
4. An audience that is entertained, educated, and inspired on social media will tolerate occasional marketing. Adding social media platforms adds another place where, if you are engaging in a useful way, you will be able to market your business.
5. Customers who engage with you on multiple channels are more loyal and spend more money than those that engage in only one channel. Give them as many relevant opportunities to connect with you as possible.
6. If you aren’t engaging online where your customers are connecting with friends and brands, your competition will own that channel.